Breakfast has always been “my thing.” Even when I started my clean eating journey last year, I knew I had to keep my breakfast meals exciting. It’s taken me some time to find the recipes I love them most, but these Chocolate Kachava (Gluten Free / Vegan) pancakes are on the top of my list.
They’re healthier than traditional pancakes, and I’m still getting a ton of protein in each serving. I also don’t need much syrup when eating these, so there’s not much added refined sugar in the meal either.
Gluten-Free & Vegan Chocolate Kachava Banana Pancake Recipe:
- 1.5 cups Pamalas Gluten-Free Pancake Mix
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Kachava Protein Powder
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Flax Seeds + 6 tablespoons water (for the “flax-seed” egg) — let sit for 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup applesauce (organic, no sugar added)
- Sliced bananas for topping
- Cacao nibs for topping (this adds a nice crunch to each bite!!)
- Mix your 6 tablespoons of water and 2 tablespoons of flax seeds together and set aside for 10-15 minutes. This will create your “egg” substitute.
- After your “flax-seed egg” has formed a gel-like consistency, mix all the above ingredients together. You now have your pancake batter!
- Heat the pan on your stove, line the pan with vegan butter, and make your pancakes. I use a 1/4 measuring cup to divide my batter.
- Pour pancakes (about 3-4 inches in diameter), flip once ready.
- Top with sliced bananas, cacao nibs and pure maple syrup.