Who doesn’t want to start their weekend off with some almond butter & banana waffles? Since I’m allergic to peanut butter, this is an awesome alternative. It’s also a delicious way to get a sweet breakfast that’s also full of protein.
- 2 3/4 cups Pamela’s Pancake Mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 Tablespoons Ground Flaxseed + 3/4 cup water (this will make the “flax-seed egg”)
- 1-2 Tablespoons oil
- Thin layer of almond butter (for topping)
- Banana (for topping)
- Pure maple syrup (for topping)
- Mix the ground flaxseed and 3/4 cup of water to make your “flax seed egg” and set aside for 10-15 minutes to “set”
- Then mix the Pamela’s Pancake Mix, 1 1/2 cup water, 1-2 tablespoons oil (I use olive oil), and your “flax seed egg” together.
- Pour your batter on the waffle maker and wait until it’s ready.
- Spread a very thin layer of almond butter on your waffle and top with sliced banana. Too much almond butter will make the waffle too DRY. Topping with pure maple syrup will help with the dryness if you use too much almond butter.